Pages

Total de visualizações de página

Subscribe:

Estação da Juventude - Curso de Inglês - Teacher J.B.

...

quarta-feira, 23 de novembro de 2011

English Review - Lend and Borrow




Today I will teach you about two new verbs. The verb LEND and the verb BORROW. Both verbs mean EMPRESTAR. When you need something borrowed from someone you should use the verb BORROW. I will explain the grammar:

1° May
2° Pronoun I
3° Borrow

Examples:

May I borrow a notebook? / May I borrow your notebook?
May I borrow a pen? / May I borrow your pen?

Never! I said NEVER use this grammar with LEND.

So, May I lend a book ? it's completely wrong!

So, How can I use Lend?

Pay attention on the following example:

Can you lend me a book?

As you can see, you should use May I borrow or Can you lend me ...Ok?

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário